Why Should We Recycle?
Recycling is good for the environment. It is one of the best ways for us to have a positive impact on the world in which we live.
When we recycle, used materials are converted into new products. It takes less energy, and it’s cheaper to recycle than to get new raw materials. Recycling also contributes significantly to a healthy economy as it creates jobs as well as products to be sold and helps to protect the natural environment.
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States
At the end of the day, recycling can bring a community together. Whether it is by picking up trash from the roads or collecting waste materials to raise money for schools and colleges. Many people have found that their collective efforts have made their cities cleaner and happier.
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.