G.R.I.T.T. is designed to help students, teachers, and parents work through some of the issues students face every day. We acknowledge that students face tough challenges – many of which didn’t exist a few years ago, others that have existed for generations.
We expect our youth to meet these challenges, to respect our values, and become the leaders of tomorrow. They can’t do it alone. They need guidance. They need to hear and see different ways to address problems, in their vocabulary, using the media they prefer. Instead of constantly being told, “don’t do it”, they need to hear “I’m listening to what you are saying. I understand that you are confused. How can I help you? Do you think it would work better if you approached the problem this way?”
G.R.I.T.T. has a secondary objective of helping schools introduce careers to students, starting at middle school. Why so early? It’s not about choosing a career. It’s about helping youth understand what is expected by our society. Dad or Mom (maybe both) work. They get up at a specific hour, dress as required, and go to their workplace to earn a living — to make money to support their family, and to save for vacations, for their children’s education and for their own retirement. It’s to help students learn what “work ethic” means. Jobs vary, with different responsibilities in different environments, but they are the similar in rules of behavior and expectations at the workplace. Often adults enjoy going to work, but sometimes they simply persevere until something changes or they find a better job. Viewing career interviews help students understand and appreciate why their parents or guardians choose to work.
All Choices Matter uses multiple media to achieve our mission. We find experts – in person, on the Internet, in publications, on TV. Locally, we videotape our programming. When we find exceptional programming, we vet the content for relevancy and appropriateness before adding it to our list.
Goal-oriented. Responsive. Interactive. Targeted. Training.
Live and OnDemand presentations featuring local experts
- Available in the classroom or from any Internet Ready Device
- Customized programming based on local needs
Learning Management Platform
- Available 24/7/365 for students and parents
- Co-branded portal tracks engagement and participation
- Careers: Employment, Enlisting, Enrollment, Entrepreneurship, Career Interviews, Workforce Readiness
- Character: Character Building, Courage, Creativity, Determination, Gratitude, Human Rights, Kindness, Leadership, Perseverance, Self Esteem, Uniqueness
- Tough Stuff: Abuse, Addiction, Bullying, Conflict Resolution, Cyber Safety, Distracted Driving, Fitness & Nutrition, Human Trafficking, Mental Health, Money, Safety, Self Improvement, Sexting, Stress, Suicide, Truancy