The more you know about the job market and different careers, the more likely you are to find a job you want to make a career. If you’re going to put energy into finding a job, you need to find something that motivates you and makes an impact on the employer. It’s not about finding a job, but the right job that eventually gets you where you want to be.
Explore different careers and hear from people who actually do the job. You don’t want to dread going to work every day, feeling unfulfilled. It’s never too early or late to find a career that suits your personality and passions.
How to find the right career for you?
- What have you enjoyed studying most – academic courses, training events, or learning for fun?
- What jobs done by family and friends fascinate you?
- What advertised jobs have attracted you?
- Of all the jobs you have ever held, which was the most enjoyable and why? What topics do you enjoy talking about with friends?
- If all jobs paid the same, what work would you do?
- If you could try someone else’s job for a day, what would it be?