The OhioMeansJobs-Readiness Seal is a formal designation students can earn on their high school diplomas and transcripts indicating they have the personal strengths, strong work ethic and professional experience that businesses need.
15 essential professional skills:
• Drug Free – The student commits to being drug free.
• Reliability – The student has integrity and responsibility in professional settings.
• Work Ethic – The student has effective work habits, personal accountability and a determination to succeed.
• Punctuality – The student arrives to commitments on time and ready to contribute.
• Discipline – The student abides by guidelines, demonstrates self-control and stays on task.
• Teamwork/Collaboration – The student builds collaborative relationships with others and can work as part of a team.
• Professionalism – The student demonstrates honesty. He or she dresses and acts appropriately and responsibly. He or she learns from mistakes.
• Learning Agility – The student desires to continuously learn new information and skills.
• Critical Thinking/Problem-Solving – The student exercises strong decision-making skills, analyzes issues effectively and thinks creatively to overcome problems.
• Leadership – The student leverages the strengths of others to achieve common goals. He or she coaches and motivates peers and can prioritize and delegate work.
• Creativity/Innovation – The student is original and inventive. He or she communicates new ideas to others, drawing on knowledge from different fields to find solutions.
• Oral and Written Communications – The student articulates thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral forms.
• Digital Technology – The student has an in-depth understanding of emerging technology and
leverages technology to solve problems, complete tasks and accomplish goals.
• Global/Intercultural Fluency – The student values, respects and learns from diverse groups of people.
• Career Management – The student is a self-advocate. He or she articulates strengths, knowledge and experiences relevant to success in a job or postsecondary education.